Spring is officially here next week! Time to declutter and organize! Yes, it can be an overwhelming task but there are ways to manage the chaos so you can be successful. Here are some tips to smoothly manage the process…
- It’s Going to Take Time: Don’t expect to complete your house in one day. Set a realistic goal for completing the house so you can work efficiently without getting exhausted. Plan to spend at least a couple hours in each room. Determine where you’ll begin and end the job to keep yourself on track.
- Commit to One Room at a Time: Start AND complete one space at a time before moving onto another. Otherwise, you can expect an overwhelming mess spread throughout the house with a strong likelihood of abandoning the job and throwing everything into hidden places.
- Love It, Use It, Need it: If you don’t love it, use it, or need it then you can toss it. Collect the items you are going to toss, donate, or sell. You can categorize and contain those items using laundry bins, other household containers, or trash bags.
- Organize Before Buying: Organize the space first and then buy containers that are needed. If you buy the containers first then you’ll collect items that aren’t needed.
- Keep it Up: There’s upkeep! But don’t worry you should be more comfortable now that you’ve organized the space. On a daily basis, take the time to place items where they belong and regularly toss items that you don’t use, love, or need.
When the next season arrives, the process will be easier! Does anyone else have strategies for organizing and de-cluttering the house?